Osprey Construction is a residential construction company that operates throughout West Central Florida. The Company’s business is primarily shell contracting for large, national and regional builders. We have grown rapidly, and our builder partners recognize Osprey’s efficiency, reliability and quality construction. Working at Osprey is more than a job; it is an opportunity to build a career. We offer a complete benefits package, including:
- Health Care
- Accident Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
Essential Job Duties
- Effectively communicates with employees and subcontractors a consistent level of expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction means/methods, company policy and procedures, quality control and other performance standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Osprey Construction policy and procedures by leading by example.
- Actively participate in change order(s) creation by communicating proper scope of work and any price negotiations to office via Daily Log Input in Builder Trend software. Ensure/enforce company policies are being followed regarding change orders.
- Enforces company policies regarding schedule adherence. Thoroughly understands supplier lead times and properly communicates them to subordinates. On a weekly basis plans/allocates subcontractor labor resources to ensure customer schedule adherence and top tier subcontractors have sufficient workloads.
- Actively participates in soliciting new subcontractor labor.
- Actively participates in price negotiations with subcontractors for bidding purposes and on-going construction operations. Thoroughly understands labor market subcontractor pricing and actively participates in maintaining subcontractor schedule of values to ensure the company is actively paying market labor rates.
- Thoroughly understands customer scope of works. Confirms all materials and subcontract work comply with customer scope of work and quality specification.
- Manages and documents employee and subcontractor problems of non-performance through training, disciplinary action, termination, back charges or other appropriate actions.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Osprey Construction safety program, including the ability to stop work for a safety violation or potential safety violation.
- Thoroughly understands and enforces company safety policies and procedures. Performs one (1) written safety inspection per week and submits completed paper work to office. On a weekly basis completes “tool box” talks with employees and submits completed paper work to office. Obtains “employee’s report of injury” reports” for as necessary. Completes thorough accident investigation report for all accidents and near misses.
- Effectively builds relationships with customer(s) through daily communication via phone conversations, text messages, e-mails and/or site visit. It is mandatory to visit each assigned community a minimum of two times per week. During these site visits it is mandatory to meet with the customer representative and discuss on-going construction activities, schedules, potential safety concerns, outstanding punch out items and other any other items deemed important from the customer.
- Actively participates in personal/professional development via training programs, seminars, continuing education and participates in professional organizations.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with craftsmen, all levels of management and customers.
- Above average leadership skills are required including, mentoring, coaching and ability to build and maintain motivated team members.
- Knowledgeable of all phases of concrete construction, masonry construction and rough wood carpentry.
- Moderate Computer skills are required. Use of Smart Phone, tablet and project management software.
- Ability to read and interpret cost reports, plans/drawings, specifications and scope of work.
- Have basic understanding of estimating and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios.
- Requires ability to maneuver in various stages of job site terrains.
- Requires the ability to exert physical effort, handling average weights objects up to 20 pounds.
Job Title: Construction Manager – Hillsborough, Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Reports To: Area Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Construction Managers (“CMs”) are critical to the Company’s success. CMs are the front-line managers of the Company’s construction projects and play a vital role in ensuring that the Company’s standards of high quality and timely completion are met all building inspections are passed and important information is timely communicated to builder personnel and Osprey’s corporate office. The CM’s performance ensures that the units are built consistent with specifications and cost expectations, essential to Company profitability.
Job Summary: Osprey’s CMs organize and supervise all aspects of slab, block and rough carpentry scope of work on single-family and multi-family building projects. Our CMs are responsible for scheduling of labor resources, materials, quality and safety. This position will report directly to the area manager.
Duties and Responsibilities are typical to an experienced construction manager in a homebuilding company. The CM will coordinate the overall construction project with the assistance of construction coordinators and others at Osprey’s home office and under the direction of area managers [and other field supervision]; however, the selected candidate must be able to perform the following duties:
1. Order and coordinate all material deliveries
2. Schedule labor resources
3. Ensure schedule adherence
4. Perform quality-control inspections
5. Develop punch lists and ensure all punch-out items are completed in a timely manner
6. Enforce safety program
7. Schedule all required County/City building inspections
8. Communicate with building officials
9. Communicate with general contractor/builder representative
➢ One-five years as superintendent in the construction industry
➢ Ability to multi-task
➢ Valid Florida driver’s license
➢ Have a general understanding of construction means and methods as it relates to the following scope of work:
- Monolithic slab construction
- Continuous footings
- Masonry stem walls
- Placement of reinforcing steel
- Masonry construction
- Rough wood carpentry (load-bearing and non-load bearing)
- Ability to read blueprints and plan work, including direction of subcontractors, accordingly
- Have general working knowledge of the shell construction estimating process.
- General working knowledge of information technologies, to include:
o Microsoft Office
o Microsoft Access
o Apple I-Pads
Construction: Five years